Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Name Clarissa/ Clarisse

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name Clarissa/ Clarisse
 Login/Join

posted
After years (I'm 64) I've noticed the frequency of the above women's names in Ray's writing.
I wrote the author of his biography and received no answer.
Anyone have any idea of the significance of these names to RAY?

DR. Curt

Posts: 2 | Location: Sun City, AZ, USA | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Resounding sound of chirping crickets.

The bio doesn't offer a clue?

I assume "Tom," the other FUN (frequently-used name) is Thomas Wolfe, but if Clarisse is another writer I can't think who.

(And, for that matter, why so many Helens?)

Posts: 7306 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response, Sleepless.
Although the mystery remains I appreciate the thoughtfulness and respect represented by your response.

Posts: 2 | Location: Sun City, AZ, USA | Registered: 21 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have an answer!

https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=8881...991010971#3991010971

He says he likes the name but can't remember having known anyone named that.

Posts: 7306 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post