Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Poster Auction to Support the South Pasadena Library

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poster Auction to Support the South Pasadena Library
 Login/Join

posted
Friends of the South Pasadena Public Library’s Silent Auction of 4 Different Movie Posters Autographed by Ray Bradbury

Before Ray Bradbury’s 90th Birthday Celebration in South Pasadena on August 19, 2010, he signed 4 movie posters that are individually up for auction. Each glossy poster is from a different Bradbury-related film and all of them feature stunning, full color artwork and film credits. Ray’s signatures were done with a broad-tipped pen. The posters are (1) Fahrenheit 451, (2) The Illustrated Man, (3) The Martian Chronicles, and (4) Something Wicked This Way Comes.

The autographed poster auction is a fundraiser for the Friends of the South Pasadena Library, a non-profit support group of the South Pasadena Library. The minimum bid for each poster is only $50. The 11” by 17” posters are officially licensed merchandise from moviepostershop.com. Bids are being accepted by email only and must be received before midnight on October 1, 2010.

Individual auction bids of $50 or more for poster (1) (2) (3) and/or (4) should be sent to bradburyposters@yahoo.com .Please include your name, daytime phone number, email address, and your bid(s) for one or more posters. Winning bidders will be notified around October 3, 2010 and will have 1 week to pay for their poster(s). Winners will be able to pick up their poster(s) at the South Pasadena Library or arrange for mail order delivery for a nominal fee. A Letter of Authenticity will be provided with every poster. Checks or money orders by notified winners will need to be made out to the Friends of the South Pasadena Public Library. Funds raised by the Friends support the collections and services of the South Pasadena Public Library.

The American Library Association has stated that Ray Bradbury is one of the very few authors in Western Literature who has literally changed the way people perceive reality. With more than 600 published works in the form of books, short stories, screenplays, and television scripts, he has impacted generations of readers for more than 60 years. With titles such as Fahrenheit 451, The Halloween Tree, and the screenplay for Moby Dick to his credit, it’s no wonder that the legendary author has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Obviously, a movie poster signed by Ray Bradbury would make a unique and valuable gift for any Ray Bradbury fan.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

ImageRay_Bradbury_Poster_Auction_Flyer.jpg (145 Kb, 10 downloads) Flyer

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh that is amazing! If I wasn't in school now and had the extra money...I would...well I would trade my left arm for one of those posters! oh I am so jealous it hurts now...

jesse

Posts: 5 | Location: Mich!gan | Registered: 11 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jesse Dee:
oh that is amazing! If I wasn't in school now and had the extra money...I would...well I would trade my left arm for one of those posters! oh I am so jealous it hurts now...

jesse

Just to make you more jealous here is an image of one of the four.

John King Tarpinian

ImageFahrenheit451.jpg (111 Kb, 12 downloads)

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh why oh why are you doing this to me?

Posts: 5 | Location: Mich!gan | Registered: 11 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So you can print this one out and put it behind glass and no one need ever know it's a replica? Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
So you can print this one out and put it behind glass and no one need ever know it's a replica? Big Grin

Way to support libraries. Wink

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
you could always print it out and then send them a small donation Smiler

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post