Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451 Off-Broadway & Note from Ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fahrenheit 451 Off-Broadway & Note from Ray
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Everyone knows its bananna peel, not fish, B-Two, but hey, I guess its worth a try. Should I use a filter?

One time, I sprayed a smoke damaged apartment with stain-kill and although I was wearing a mask, it was a particle mask and not a fume mask. I got the bad buzz, colors, slurred speach, headache, couldn't walk straight. I loved it. Kiddin.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They did that joke the other week on "My Name is Earl" with carrots.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching the transformation of threads here is one of the most fascinating phenomena of the computer age Big Grin

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hence my referring to this as the Bradburian mélange!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot summers day long ago. All the windows are open; the TV is on in the living room. I’m in my room laying in bed reading a comic book but can hear Mel Allen announcing a Yankee game on the TV and mentioning “Yogi”. I can hear people talking as they walk past the house on the sidewalk and someone down the street is taking piano lessons. Maybe later that day there’d be a cookout and I would taste iced coffee for the first time.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or maybe lemonade, with its ice tinkling a summers tune.

Chapter, nice nostalgic description. I remember you described it somewhere on here in regards to walking. I can actually hear it when I close my eyes. Sad to say, but I don't think you would hear the same sounds walking down that street today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rocket,

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I open my windows the sounds are just about the same except the sound of piano lessons has been replaced with the bagpipes. The horror!

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Q. What's the definition of a gentleman?
A. A man who knows how to play the bagpipes............and doesn't.

Q. What's the difference between bagpipes and onions?
A. Nobody cries when you cut up bagpipes.

(Actually, I like the pipes, especially the uilleann (Irish) ones.)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too, but…

Q: Why do pipers march when they play the bagpipes?
A: To get away from the noise.

posted Hide Post
At least it's not "The Noblest Instrument."

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the bagpipes, too. I don't know if I would love hearing someone learning to play them, though. I think they walk when they play the bagpipes because they're supposed to be going into war - must be a form of auditory warfare!

Posts: 386 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, when I hear the pipes, stoic though I may be, my lips will tremble and I become an emotional mess.

posted Hide Post
OOooooOOOh DaaAAnny BooooOOOOy, The piiiIIIIpes, the PIIIiiiiiipesss are calll-all-ing.

-----------------------------

Posts: 32 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware. | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A hankie if you please. I thank you.

“Gaily bedight,/A gallant knight,/In sunshine or in shadow./”

No, no, no, not that one, wait…

“From glen to glen, and down the mountain side/ ‘Tis I’ll be here in sunshine and in shadow…”

Another hankie, if you please.

posted Hide Post
I really felt like crying when my choir director told us that wasn't even written until 1911!