Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What distinguishes Ray Bradbury's style?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What distinguishes Ray Bradbury's style?
 Login/Join

posted
I'm writing a paper on Mr. Bradbury and I was just wondering if I could get some help on researching what distinguishes his style or what makes it unique.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 17 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably first and foremost is his use of metaphors. Everything he writes is loaded with them.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's in the unique combinations of the words Ray Bradbury uses, and of how the mind interprets the inner-sounds of the words, which are arranged in nearly mystical patterns, thereby unlocking expressions of deep personal meanings to the reader....

It's the quality and the quanity of these personal meanings that Ray Bradbury stands apart....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NK and IK have hit it over the centerfield fence. Loaded with metaphor - far deeper meaning than first meets the ear or mind. In many ways, I often sense, Mr. Bradbury is like the classic authors of antiquity. He writes unparallelled narration, "line for line," through a poetic style.

It would be an interesting task to break down one of his short(er) stories, for instances, and transpose it into a long lyric poem, much like a tale taken from Homer, Virgil, etc.

(Come to think of it, his poetry does read similar to that of which I comment.)

Posts: 732 | Registered: 29 November 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post