Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    List of Irish Stories?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of Irish Stories?
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a complete list of RB's Irish stories and where they are compiled? I know several are found in "Green Shadows, White Whale," but there are others too. Which stories are in GSWW and what others can be found elsewhere?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My website has lists the Irish stories incorporated into GREEN SHADOWS: take a look at this page:
http://home.wlv.ac.uk/~in5379/books/green_shadow.htm

There is also a short story finder on the site which will let you find where else those particular stories have appeared.

As for Irish stories which AREN'T in GREEN SHADOWS, I'll leave that for others to handle. (The Irish stories are among my least favourite of Bradbury's work. Something to do with American perceptions of Ireland seeming rather skewed to those of us on this side of the Atlantic!)

- Phil

[This message has been edited by philnic (edited 12-29-2003).]

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of the Irish stories either, but I can tell you several appeared in play form in "The Anthem Sprinters and Other Antics" which never made it to short story form.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post