Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for photo of Bradbury with the mummies of guanajuato

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for photo of Bradbury with the mummies of guanajuato
 Login/Join

posted
about a month ago, i was online and came across a photograph, taken in the late 1940s, of ray bradbury at the mummy tombs in guanajuato. i didn't bookmark the site and now i can't find it! does anyone know what photo i'm talking about and can you help me locate it again?

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi redgem,

I thought it might have been on Sam Weller's website for his book LISTEN TO THE ECHOES, but I just looked and couldn't find it. The closest I found was Bradbury's box of masks from the place:

http://listentotheechoes.com/?paged=4

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help, Phil! I hadn't seen Weller's book yet. I'm still on the hunt for that image of Bradbury with the mummies, so do let me know if you run across it. . .Now i'm wondering if I dreamt it. . .

posted Hide Post
I've never seen it and can't find it on Google but here's a recipe from someone who certainly seems to think like Ray: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emergencyfan/2401852032/

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks, dandelion. those mummy dogs are kinda unbearably cute.