Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Technology
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Technology
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My iMAC crashed about 4 days ago because I probably opened some stupid unsolicited email or something, or perhaps hit a couple wrong keys. It's all numbers, you know. Maybe an O got misplaced with an 1.
Whatever the case, I only know have 'finally' gotten this bugger to work again tonight. But THAT experience alone should turn me off from computers and complicated electronic stuff.

Pencil breaks?
Sharpen it.

Typewriter breaks?
Sharpen that pencil again.

Ray doesn't care for computers because, heck, he communicates well with a wide world out there without one. He don't need to stinkin' computer....

MR. DARK:
Yes, I heartily agree with your final comments above...in your post....

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 10-24-2003).]

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

Just a quick note. Z his daughter and I give him info from the internet, many times a week. His does for the most part, enjoy and appreciate the internet.

His main objection to it, is that people in general spend too much time on the internet, rather than reading or going to the library. I being just a few years younger, do understand him, seeing my sons on the internet, for longer periods of time than me.
The Library's, Which as you all know is Mr B's life. Present and Past.

A few years ago, when we were at a LA City Library function, Bill Gates had signed the guest book, a few signatures before us. I had pointed it out to Mr B and he wrote above it "I DON'T DO WINDOWS" A bunch of us were rolling on the floor. What a hoot.

I wonder what that guest book, would have gone for on E-Bay.

He has friends, older than him, whom he goofs on, that use the internet, Norman Corwin, for example.

Take care
Patrick

[This message has been edited by FH 451 (edited 10-25-2003).]

Posts: 89 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So glad to have you aboard, Patrick, to give us these great first-hand accounts and updates. Thanks so much!

[This message has been edited by lmskipper (edited 10-25-2003).]

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, just try to find anyone who can repair typewriters these days! If you do, stay on VERY good terms with them! It's a good thing that, as Ray has said, IBM Selectric typewriters almost never break down! If I had a nickel for every time someone asked, "Why do you keep that old thing around?" Because there's things you can't DO on a computer--online or off!

Here is the address to Forrest J. Ackerman's website: http://4forry.best.vwh.net/

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post