Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Can anyone ID this story ?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone ID this story ?
 Login/Join

posted
Hello Everyone

I am looking for a book that I am fairly sure is by Ray. I read it about 20 years ago so my memory of it is very vague unfortunately. I can only remember that the characters were possibly travelling or working on a farm and that one of them was called Oliver and that this character was either homosexual or that there was just some kind of act or depiction of homosexuality associated with him. Thanks very much.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, what say you? I say, Ray 3%, not Ray, 97%. Another one for the growing pile to be sent to other unsolved forums.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion:
Hmm!! 3%? You are so generous.

Nope! Nothing I can think of. Ray did a play titled, 'Falling Upwards', that dealt a bit with the subject... but no Oliver there....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks guys. i will start looking elsewhere.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 October 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reply came from Richard Horton by way of the newsgroups rec.arts.books.childrens and rec.arts.sf.written.

The name "Oliver" doesn't ring a bell, so this probably isn't a match, but it certainly sounds a fair bit like _Of Mice and Men_, by John Steinbeck.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reply came from David Goldfarb by way of the newsgroups rec.arts.books.childrens and rec.arts.sf.written.

This could be _The Book of Skulls_, by Robert Silverberg.