Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    MA Thesis on Bradbury

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MA Thesis on Bradbury
 Login/Join

posted
Hi. I've been a Bradbury fan for almost two years now...I was converted after reading Something Wicked This Way Comes in one night. I started grad school right after that. When it came time to pick a topic for my MA thesis, naturally I chose Bradbury.

After much thought, I wound up basically performing a post modern analysis of The Martian Chronicles, drawing on Deleuze and Guattari, Foucault and others. As far as I can tell, it's the first work of its type (which has made writing it exciting and scary at the same time).

I've completed two chapters so far, and have three or four pages on the others (it will be four chapters total). Health problems have kept my advisor from giving me feedback, but he has been very pleased with what he has read so far, which is promising (and this advisor has a rep for being tough).

If anyone would like to read what I have so far (and maybe offer some constructive criticism), I would be glad to send it their way.

Well, that's all for now. This is my first post, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Later Days

Shaun

"I'll hold onto the world tight someday. I've got one finger on it now; that's a beginning"-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Posts: 7 | Location: Radford VA | Registered: 01 November 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Shaun.

I'd be interested in looking at your draft thesis, if you'd care to email a copy.

Phil

bradburymedia@yahoo.co.uk

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to take a look at it, also. My email is in my profile, but, just in case the profile link should fail,

epalfreyman@prodigy.net

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too would love to see your work. My address is lmskipper@aol.com (That's an L, not an I at the beginning. For some reason everyone makes that mistake. L as in Lana, which is my first name.) I look forward to reading your paper.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love to! Here's my email:
sehrverrukt@hotmail.com
look forward to reading it!

Posts: 411 | Location: Azusa, CA | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post