Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Question about Of Sun and Shadow

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Of Sun and Shadow
 Login/Join

posted
At the end of this short story, there is a reference to Ricardo shaking the hand of "the dog" because he had "watered the wall". I was wondering whether it meant an actual dog or merely a man to whom Ricardo was refering to as subhuman, which would be ironic since he resents being treated in that way.

I already tried emailing Ray to the address described on raybradbury.com but there was no reply posted and it looks as if the site was last updated in 2002.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thunk--Ray does not use E-mail and really does not even come to this site. Occasionally people show him a few postings from here, but he never comes here on his own.

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. Does anyone know the answer though? I'm going to get extra credit in English if I can show an answer :\

Posts: 2 | Registered: 19 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes a dog is just a dog. Smiler Looks to me like it's the same dog that watered the wall in the first place.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post