Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    TV movie re rainy planet, girl gets locked in closet

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV movie re rainy planet, girl gets locked in closet
 Login/Join

posted
I have been looking for the written story of this movie. The setting is a planet that never sees sun but one day a year. It is constantly overcast and rainy, dark and dismal. The children lock a little girl in a closet and she misses the one sunny event of a few hours where flowers bloom, birds sing, etc. Can anyone tell me the name of this story and what book it might be in?

Posts: 2 | Location: Flagstaff, AZ, USA | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the two most-asked-about Bradbury stories (of those actually written by Bradbury, that is):

"All Summer in a Day" appears in "A Medicine for Melancholy," "Twice 22," and "The Stories of Ray Bradbury."

The other most-asked-about is "A Sound of Thunder," which appears in "The Golden Apples of the Sun," "R is for Rocket," "Dinosaur Tales," and "The Stories of Ray Bradbury."

Both were also much anthologized.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for telling me where to find it!!!

quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
One of the two most-asked-about Bradbury stories (of those actually written by Bradbury, that is):

"All Summer in a Day" appears in "A Medicine for Melancholy," "Twice 22," and "The Stories of Ray Bradbury."

The other most-asked-about is "A Sound of Thunder," which appears in "The Golden Apples of the Sun," "R is for Rocket," "Dinosaur Tales," and "The Stories of Ray Bradbury."

Both were also much anthologized.

Posts: 2 | Location: Flagstaff, AZ, USA | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, one of these days I'll have to find out whether the most asked-about stories are also the most anthologized.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post