Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    What was the story's name where......

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What was the story's name where......
 Login/Join

posted
A reporter went into an abandoned house ( I believe on Halloween ) and was doing a "Orson Welles" like story about some clam-like creature. The listening audience's collective imaginations actually brought the creature to life and it killed the reporter who had handcuffed himself to a bed for dramatic purposes. I dont know if this is one of Ray's but its been bugging me for years , If anyone can HELP!!!!!!
Thanks- Matt

Posts: 3 | Location: bohemia,NY 11716 | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reply came from Ferret by way of the BookSleuth Forum at Abebooks:

It's called The Believers and it's by Robert Arthur. I have it in a copy of The Mammoth Book of Ghost Stories 2 edited by the excellent Richard Dalby, pub Robinson in 1991. Although I think the "creature" is said to resemble a long-dead oyster rather than a clam

Wow, thanks, Ferret! You are truly one of the great ones!

Cori

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post