Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Bradbury Fanfiction

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradbury Fanfiction
 Login/Join

posted
I've looked around for a while on various fanfiction sites, but I haven't been able to find any Something Wicked This Way Comes fanfiction, which I've been addicted to after reading it in 2 days. The only fanfiction I've seen are some Martian Chronicles stories and something to do with Smallville.

Are there any?

[This message has been edited by wednesdayshadow (edited 10-13-2002).]

"Art thou a witch, oh lay?"<br /><br />-- The Spanish Inquisition (Tadfield version) in action (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Posts: 1 | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I don't get out enough, but what exactly is fanfiction?

~Keli Linda~

Posts: 32 | Location: San Diego, CA, US | Registered: 10 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery."

Fanfiction is fiction/art/music...
by fans in imitation of a favorite author. It can take many forms: stories about a favorite charcter (Mr. Dark, e.g.), or set in a favorite setting (Green Town), or in the style of the author (full of imagery and metaphors). Some of the "shared Universe" science fiction books ("Thieves' World") might be considered fanfic to the Nth degree.
Ray's early fanzine might have carried fanfic in it. It has been a part of science-fiction fandom from the beginning. The most well-known example I know would be the "Star Trek" novels, and collections like "The Best of Trek" series.

Posts: 16 | Location: Hollywood, Fl, USA | Registered: 09 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post