Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Purpose

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Purpose
 Login/Join

posted
In your opinion, what do you think Bradbury's sole purpose is for writing all of his stories? What is the main message he is trying to get across? My friend and I were having a debate in English class and I was looking for a different opinion, we could both be incredibly off base. Thanks for your help!

Posts: 1 | Location: Oak Leaf, TX. USA | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's so weird you ask that, I was just dreaming about it last night. What I came up with (in my dream) was ideas come to him which need to be told so badly that writing that particular story is more important to him than anything else he could be doing at the time. (For the one time I recall him expressing in fiction any conflict about this, see "The Wonderful Death of Dudley Stone.") Otherwise, he has never turned away from it, and in fact has said he experiences physical pain if he cannot spend four hours a day at the typewriter! Now, there is a real expression of NEED!

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See "Zen in the Art of Writing" for many of his musings on the nature of ideas.

Posts: 7302 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post