Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    the crowd

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the crowd
 Login/Join

posted
hey sorry i hevent been here 4 a while neways
yesterday i was readin october country which is a very good book neways the crowd right now is the best especially the last part when the guy dying says something about joining them and waits for the coroner another good story was the jar jack in the box was okay but it had an wesome ending also the emissary was a great story does anyone in here love this book as much as i do i mean i hevent even read all of it (been busy) but i mean im liking it so far (more than illustarted man) and i know im babbling but does neone else think that something wicked was the best bradbury book?
if ya read this thanx 4 putting up wit a long list of stuff
nic
p.s. from my last post dark carnival i know ill prolly never get the book so if ne one on this board read it could ya give me an overview?

Posts: 2 | Location: baltimore, MD. US | Registered: 06 September 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have rder'd Dark Carnival -- Amazn.com telz me ontheway, but havn't scene, yet. Will give updatewhen gotten in mitts.Loved Oct Cntry, wish sumone ud do new hard copee for release. Forme, best book hard to define. I have Bradbury troika -- Something Wicked, Farenheight 451 and Marshun Cronacals. His storeys arefantastik! too! Countin stories as singul thing,may be foika instead of troika.Readin in non-inglush is harder than reading in english and you may find that english entries result in better input by other readers. Just a thought from a linguistic conservative.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the zarchasm iz almost 2 much too bear. variety is the spyce of intellect butt oftentimes borne of billigerent ignorince.

Posts: 53 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yer inputts r'all jus so awessome I can only say:
2 Ys UR
2 Ys UB
I C U R
2 Ys 4 me!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here speak newspeak?

Posts: 31 | Location: Newbury Park, CA, USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought we were!

Actually, I put it in the same category as ebonics. Not a real language -- kind of a fad.

Well, perhaps "fad" is a bit harsh and narrow-minded. It may be that it is a kind of arbitrary, narcissistic sub-dialect created to mimic a sense of set-apart, special, community. Language is powerful, and the rejection of a predominant language is often a very conscious act.

I'm willing to concede that sometimes, when communities become isolated over long periods of time, they develop unique languages; but the advent of the written word has done much to stabilze languages.

On the other hand, sometimes language is just plain old fun!

(Geeeez! When do we get auto-spell-check on these pages? You know, for the old fogies among us who are losing brain cells as we write!)

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mr. Dark (edited 09-18-2002).]

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vhaten da Greentowhn Hades ez happunin' to dis en Web Site? I tell uz... es it clogged vit much ravine waters and Marshun sand? I cun hardlee bear d' tot of gettin' on line vit all da Greentowners if I have to waiten hour or two to do so. N E 1 Ls having dis complications snafoos 2?

[This message has been edited by Nard Kordell (edited 09-18-2002).]

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do not attempt to adjust your computer. They have taken control. You will be admitted when and how they want. Stay on the path at all times er else Tyrannosaurus Rex U!

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've noticed the same thing. I thought that I was just getting impatient, what with the encroaching onset of old age, and my diminished years in which to wait.