Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Looking for the title of an RB short story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for the title of an RB short story
 Login/Join

posted
Years ago I read a very good short story by Ray Bradbury about a young girl who was asked to help an old woman while her old husband was away on a trip. Every evening the young girl was asked to look under the furniture to see if there was anyone or anything there. One evening she saw an illuminated screen and some people from another planet beckoning to the old woman. It turned out that the old couple were really young people temporarily trapped inside old bodies while visiting Earth, and anxiously waiting to leave those burdensome bodies and rejoin their friends in the other world. I want to share this short story with some friends. But, unfortunately, I can't remember the title. If anyone could tell me the title, I would be grateful.

SK

Posts: 1 | Registered: 07 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I go with 5% Bradbury, 95% not Bradbury. What say others?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
I go with 5% Bradbury, 95% not Bradbury. What say others?

I would agree with that!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post