Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Dark Carnival for sale

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Carnival for sale
 Login/Join

posted
Just thought I would alert board members to an eBay sale: the Gauntlet second edition of Dark Carnival. I was in the bidding for it, but it has now gone beyond my price band. At the moment, it's still at a "bargain" price (given the typical asking price for this volume).

Direct link here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&it...=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=013

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
91$ - what a bargain, and with a wood case, too!

I would do but I already have this edition. But I paid 125$ when it first came out. Had to get it really. The original is the holy grail of Bradbury, and a few years ago, I found one on eBay and jumped in with the bidding, but had to bail out when it got to around 800$.

Do you not have this edition Phil? You should so get it. Have it sent here, and I'll have Ray sign it to you, then ship it on across the water.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
The original is the holy grail of Bradbury, and a few years ago, I found one on eBay and jumped in with the bidding, but had to bail out when it got to around 800$.

Even so, 800$ seems a great bargain (although it eventually went for much more) than this!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't expect it to stay at $91 - in fact, it's already gone up. As the bid comes to a close, I can see it going up to a couple of hundred at least.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
I don't expect it to stay at $91 - in fact, it's already gone up. As the bid comes to a close, I can see it going up to a couple of hundred at least.

Oh, no - much like the original one that hit 800$ before I bailed, I expect this one to keep on the move, as well.

Might be worth keeping an eye on, though.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:

Oh, no - much like the original one that hit 800$ before I bailed, I expect this one to keep on the move, as well.

Might be worth keeping an eye on, though.

I've seen mint signed first editions go for $2,500.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the auction ended at $195.00---that really is quite reasonable for this particular edition. I've seen the same thing going for $300.00 -- $500.00 on the bookselling sites. (I'm glad I got my own copy from Gauntlet before they sold out---one of the very few wise investments I've ever made!)

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post