Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Joe's Crib Sheet

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe's Crib Sheet
 Login/Join

posted
Friends! We've started a new website, and we need your clicks! Joe's Crib Sheet is a writing contest site, news & information resource aggregate site for readers & writers; listing writing contests, authors, books, novels, short fiction, screenplays, scriptwriting, & scripts. And you can post a link to your script or synopsis for free! Why not visit it today, and tell your friends. Thanks for your support!

http://joescribsheet.com/

This is a great, free resource for writers, educators, students, agents, authors, and publishers, and is a one-stop website for writers!

As you know, you can spend two hours trying to find a contest—and one that’s free. Most of the time, the contests found on search engines are usually outdated and have a “reading” fee.

Joe’s Crib Sheet takes out all the pain. Not only do we list the deadlines for contests but we’ll tell you if it’s free or fee. You can submit your writing to more contests in 30 minutes than you can in 40 hours searching for contests on your own.

NEWS
www.joescribsheet.com not only is a resource for contests but you can read current news about writers (which includes journalists, speech writers, authors, scriptwriters and more). Stay up to date on current trends and gossip.

WRITING COMMUNITIES
Find the right community for you or just visit to see what writers and readers are talking about.

BOOK AGENTS THAT ACCEPT ONLINE QUERIES
There is no doubt about it: submitting an online query is faster and cheaper than the old way. With www.joescribsheet.com you can painlessly research an agent that’s looking for your material.

SCREENWRITING SITES
For screen writers, we encourage you to visit these sites and learn what’s new and hot for the web, TV, and movies.

YOUR SCREENPLAY ONLINE LINK
Have you posted your screenplay online? Let me know and we will post a link to it—provided it’s something we don’t find objectionable. What’s objectionable? I don’t know, but when I read it, I’ll know.

SCRIPT WRITING AGENTS
Don’t waste your time trying to find an agent online. We’ll provide links to agents for you.

AUTHORS
Links to author’s official websites. Take a look popular (living) authors. Most have blogs about writing tips. And take a minute to read their history. You’ll learn that most had to submit their material many, many times.

SEND NEWS
If I don’t have something that you think I should have on www.joescribsheet.com please send the URL to me. I’ll review it and add it to the website. The purpose of the website is to help writers get published. If you know of a contest that I don’t have listed, please, send it on to me. I would prefer to publish just free contests but if you think it’s a reputable site send it to me and I’ll review it.

And folks, don't forget that one of the main benefits of using Joe's is that you can post a link to your screenplay, synopsis or story right on our site. For free! Once this thing gets out of its infancy and starts getting an audience, potentially lots of producers might just read your stuff! Take advantage.

Also, if you have a website related to writing or pretty much anything in the entertainment field, let us know and we can place your link on Joe's and you can place our link on your site - thanks!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've already sent the link to four friends who think they have a chance at screenwriting. Thankx.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
I've already sent the link to four friends who think they have a chance at screenwriting. Thankx.

Thank you!

Networking's what I'm talking about!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
http://joescribsheet.com/ has an advert! Click on it. (Please click on it)

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
http://joescribsheet.com/ has added content (and we're working on more).

Thanks for clicking!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Great site & valuable resource. I've already emailed it to a number of my friends.

Posts: 194 | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lake!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Joe's was idle for a bit while we revamped and upgraded the site. It's back now and better than ever! Blogs, and forums too.

Come over and have a look at the new Joe's and post to the forums. And while you're there, please click on the ads (if they're back up yet). That's how we make money, and we could use it. Thanks!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Who is this Joe Scrib, and why does he have a sheet Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aren't you the clever one!?

"Live Forever!"