Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Do you know these films?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you know these films?
 Login/Join

posted
Thanks to eBay, I have discovered a couple of Bradbury adaptations I didn't know about. Just when I thought I had recorded all known sightings!

I have looked for these on IMDB, and have thoroughly Googled them, but haven't been able to turn up much information about them. If you have seen them, please tell me more. Here are the films:

THE FLYING MACHINE, starring James Hong. 16 mins long. (I need to know who wrote, directed andproduced this, and what year it was released.)

THE VELDT, 1979, directed by Diane Haak. 24 mins long. (I need to know who wrote and produced it, and who is in it) (Please do not confuse this with the other productions of "The Veldt", such as the Ray Bradbury Theater version, or the version in the film The Illustrated Man.)

I have blogged about this on my site, and added the films to my Film & TV list, but I would like to know more.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two years on and I'm replying to my own post (because nobody else ever did Frowner )

I now know that The Veldt (1979 - please do NOT confuse with the later version made for Ray Bradbury Theatre, nor with the version in the feature film of The Illustrated Man) was once distributed by Barr Films of Pasadena. And I have been contacted by the little girl who appeared in the film, who would like a copy of it.

The web hasn't turned up any direct indications that Barr Films still exists. Anyone out there with a Pasadena phone book?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Two years on and I'm replying to my own post (because nobody else ever did Frowner )

I now know that The Veldt (1979 - please do NOT confuse with the later version made for Ray Bradbury Theatre, nor with the version in the feature film of The Illustrated Man) was once distributed by Barr Films of Pasadena. And I have been contacted by the little girl who appeared in the film, who would like a copy of it.

The web hasn't turned up any direct indications that Barr Films still exists. Anyone out there with a Pasadena phone book?

Let me see what I can turn up.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post