Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Another New Book From Ray

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another New Book From Ray
 Login/Join

posted
Looking at Same Weller's My Space entry he mentions that Ray has contracted for another book to come out soon called We'll Have Another Paris. So to check this out I tried calling Donn Albright but he wasn't home. So who else could tell me something about it--but Ray Bradbury himself. So I just got off of the phone with Ray and he said that he book hasn't been sold, yet.

He is so excited about the Pulitzer prize and said that he was going to go for the Nobel Prize next.

As for his going to New York he said that it will be up to his doctor to decide. I suggested that it might be because of the sustained sitting and blood clot problems (Dick Cheney) and such and Ray said that it wasn't that so much as the altitude. So I am not sure just what that might mean, but still Ray's health is the first consideration.

As of lately he has been sounding so good, a little breathless, but who wouldn't be if they were at his point of life and having so much going on!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A chartered bus "Loaded with ALL" of the finest luxuries for his enjoyment, and so many people along the way to wave and express their love for RB. He could move about as needed, sit and visit, write, watch tv, eat and see the landscapes, places of his many tales. "The Ray Bradbury Coast to Coast Express!"

Biplane, any NYC leads - be sure to give me a call!
f

Posts: 2804 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bus, train...go for it!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by biplane1:
I suggested that it might be because of the sustained sitting and blood clot problems (Dick Cheney) and such and Ray said that it wasn't that so much as the altitude. So I am not sure just what that might mean, but still Ray's health is the first consideration.
People who have had strokes are susceptible to cerebral hemorrhaging caused by rapid changes in air pressure, such as those occurring during flight.

Posts: 103 | Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post