Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Please HELP!...I�m looking for opinions on Ray Bradbury.

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please HELP!...I�m looking for opinions on Ray Bradbury.
 Login/Join

posted
I�m exhausted!!.. I been looking everywhere for critics on Ray Bradbury. Critics from famous sciense fiction authors mainly. Different points of view of important authors. If you have any clue of where can I find this type of information...please, I beg you: e-mail me or leave me a message with the address. I need to get this info before my literature teacher kills ME!! I�ll be forever greatful!.

Posts: 1 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are only five or ten books solely devoted to Bradbury, but there are about a zillion journal articles and books such as this

Critical encounters :
writers and themes in science fiction /
Author: Riley, Dick.
Publication: New York : Ungar, 1978
Document: English : Book
Libraries: 656

with essays on Bradbury's work, which should help satisfy those constantly asking about his themes. With over 650 libraries listed as having it, ask a reference librarian near you!

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, I'm feeling generous, so here are a few more:

Ray Bradbury
Author: Mogen, David
Publication: Twayne Boston 1986
Document: book

Ray Bradbury
Author: Johnson, Wayne L
Publication: Ungar New York 1980

The Bradbury Chronicles
Author: Slusser, George Edgar
Publication: Borgo San Bernardino, CA 1977

The Ray Bradbury Companion: A Life and Career History, Photolog, and Comprehensive Checklist of Writings with Facsimiles from Ray Bradbury's Unpublished and Uncollected Work in All Media.
Author: Nolan, William F.
Publication: Gale Detroit 1975

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And a small sample of journal articles:

Other Worlds: Fantasy and Science Fiction since 1939
Author: Teunissen, John J.; Bradbury, Ray
Source: Mosaic: A Journal for the Interdisciplinary Study of Literature {Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2, Canada}13, no. 3-4 (1980):
Doc. Type: journal article
Libraries: 488

The Fiction of Ray Bradbury: Universal Themes in Midwestern Settings
Author: Linkfield, Thomas P
Source: Midwestern Miscellany {East Lansing, MI}8, (1980): p. 94-101

Shaw as Influence, (Charles) Laughton as Teacher.
Author: Bradbury, Ray
Source: Shaw: The Annual of Bernard Shaw Studies {University Park, PA}16, (1973): p. 98-99
Doc. Type: journal article Libraries: 353

Man and Apollo: A Look at Religion in the Science Fantasies of Ray Bradbury.
Author: Dimeo, Steve
Source: Journal of Popular Culture {Bowling Green, OH}5, (1972): p. 970-78
Libraries: 1253

posted Hide Post
Also:

Readings on Fahrenheit 451. The Greenhaven Press Literary Companion to American Literature. Ed. Katie de Koster. Greenhaven Press, Inc. San Diego, CA. 2000

Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451: Modern Critical Interpretations. Ed. Harold Bloom. Chelsea House Publishers, Philadelphia. 2001.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the books and articles aren't available in the Portuguese libraries and most are out of print so I cannot buy them, and it takes months for them come when I buy them, does any of you have a skanner and send me some of the articles?
Thank you

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a scanner -- technological primitivist that I am -- but both books I listed above (collections of critical essays) were recently purchased through Amazon.com. They are still available. If Amazon.com supports shipments to Portugal, I would recommend ordering those.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the two you mention Mr Dark I already have, I was talking about those Dandelion presents, but thank you very much. I often use amazon but it takes too much time and it is very expensive I pay more for them to send me the books than the books cost!!

Posts: 73 | Location: portugal | Registered: 10 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forget about costs and delays associated with international shipping. Sorry about that!

posted Hide Post
look in the CLC's at the library theres tons of stuff on him

by the way are you in anliker or newbuns class

Posts: 2 | Registered: 27 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post