Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    why wont anyone help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

why wont anyone help me!!!!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

posted
the theme of "the Fog horn" by ray bradury

Posts: 8 | Location: Vancouver | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sea monster. Fog. Foghorn on lighthouse. Confusion. Amorous sea monster. Wild night on the coast.

TKOH DIN-NEH-IH

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 10-24-2005).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1. No one will help you because no one is here, any more than was a mate for that sea monster. So go to: http://www.raybradbury.com/ Sign up and ask your question there.

2. The theme and lesson of "The Fog Horn" is never pi*s off a sea monster.

Also, never pi*s off a message board moderator and participants, however few, by posting the same question three times, not to mention four other times under unrelated topics! Your excess postings will be demolished as surely as that lighthouse.

[This message has been edited by dandelion (edited 10-24-2005).]

Posts: 2694 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Chap,
It's been too quiet over here. Since nobody's asked (maybe everyone knows but me) I'll bite: What meanest thou by "TKOH DIN-NEH-IH" ? Sounds Navajo...

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TKOH = Water and DIN-NEH-IH = Clan or Water Clan. Yes, it�s Navajo. Very perceptive. One of the noblest of North American peoples. My interest in this emanates directly from �The Martian Chronicles�.

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 10-28-2005).]

Posts: 206 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 26 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya-ta-heh!
Thanks, Chap. By the way, are you familiar with the Tony Hillerman mysteries? That's the source of most of my Navajo cultural awareness.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya-ta-heh Nah-e-thlai,

No, I�m ashamed to say I haven�t read any. And I love mysteries too. I should pick one up.

Neh-hecho-da-ne Shush-yahz

[This message has been edited by Chapter 31 (edited 10-31-2005).]

posted Hide Post
Chap31,
If you decide to read the series, I strongly urge reading them in order. Here's a list: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/authors/Tony_Hillerman.htm
I enjoy the recordings of these read by George Guidall - "Recorded Books" available at many libraries.
Hillerman does a lot of research for these, spins a great yarn, and imparts a lot of the Navajo culture and mythology which he loves.

posted Hide Post
Braling II,
You�ve got me hooked. I�m tempted to start near the end because the retirement and private detective scenario sound so intriguing but Ill take your advice and start at the beginning. I understand he attended a �Native American� school.

VitaminC,
I think I should apologize for �crackin� foxy� with my answer to your question but you were a little enthusiastic in the asking. And be sure your lamp is lit if you venture here for this site is abandoned. Dandelion is right in recommending you go to the other site�the one she gave you the link for. That�s where the answers lie. Or better still, read the story. It�s worth a squint.