Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    i need help!!!!!!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

i need help!!!!!!!!
 Login/Join

posted
i need help when were the martian chronicles and fahrenheit 451 published?????????????

KRIS

Posts: 3 | Location: Clarksville,Tennessee, USA | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have another ? is fahrenheit 451 considered in the science fiction category like martian chronicles

KRIS

Posts: 3 | Location: Clarksville,Tennessee, USA | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F451 is copyrighted in 1953 although a shorter version called "The Fireman" that appeared in Gallery Science Fiction is copyrighted 1950. M.Chronicles is copyrighted in 1950. Ray Bradbury himself considers M. Chronicles to be more of a fantasy than science fiction, although there are those who would disagree. F451 is definitely sci fi, both in Ray's opinion and in the opinion of most who have read it. Hope this helps.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lmskipper:
a shorter version called "The Fireman" that appeared in Gallery Science Fiction is copyrighted 1950.

Maybe that should be GALAXY Science Fiction.

- Phil

Posts: 406 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're right, philnic. It is Galaxy. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Imskipper: As far as the first publication of "The Fireman", I think you mean Galaxy and not Gallery Scifi Mag. "The Fireman" appeared in the February 1950 issue of Galaxy.

Posts: 2 | Location: Tacoma, WA USA | Registered: 24 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, no. My Fahrenheit book says "Galaxy Science Fiction," not just "Galaxy."