Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Negative Literary Criticism of Science Fiction

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Negative Literary Criticism of Science Fiction
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know of any websites or web pages that deal with literary critics of science fiction or fantasy, particulary negative criticism on the whole picture of Science fiction.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a really interesting question. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any sites (or books, either!) that collect literary criticism that bashes/denigrates science fiction. I have read scattered criticisms of fantasy and science fiction as escapist and shallow, but I'm not aware of any collected sources.

I don't remember where, but I read/heard an interview with Bradbury where he seems to argue that science fiction/fantasy is the only "real" or "good" literature being done today because it deals with the future. I'm sure I've messed up what he said, but if anyone can quote it, it might be a good counter-argument to the paper being worked on here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post