Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    People around Ray
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People around Ray
 Login/Join

posted
I shot some pictures at a book-signing in Riverside California. Ray was accompanied by a blond-haired guy, and an asian girl. The guy had glasses not unlike ray's almost. Does anyone know who those people are?

Posts: 1 | Location: oh | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the time, the people surrounding Ray at these events, are people directly connected with the event. Sometimes one or two of them are the ones that also drive Ray to and from the event. Other than that, you need a picture to look at....

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That would be Ray's Biographer, Sam Weller and the Asian women is his wife Jan. Very nice people. The biography, according to what Weller has told me, should be out by Morrow in 2004. Most of the time when Ray is in public, Weller is with him. He's very approachable.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 26 February 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roger that, Buzz. Now swear you were really on the moon and tell us all what it was like!

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JUST WHO IS THIS GUY?

ANY INFO MOST APPRECIATED.

ImageSERIOUS.jpg (170 Kb, 24 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He looks familiar, in fact I think I saw this guy here in Florida last May 25th and was going to get together with him and his wife the following day. He gave me his cell phone number but NEVER answered the phone.

It looks like Sam Weller!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be! But here's Sam Weller for sure!

ImageSam_Weller.jpg (16 Kb, 17 downloads)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's Sam Weller with Forry Ackerman:

"Live Forever!"

ImageSam_and_Uncle_Forry.jpg (140 Kb, 16 downloads)

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, no, this is Sam!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil Knox,

ImageSam_on_Mars.jpg (115 Kb, 17 downloads)

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are Sam Weller.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice try guys!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wery good thing is the weal Sam Weller, philnic. Long as we’re quite sure it ain’t kittens.

Posts: 861 | Location: Manchester CT | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has degenerated into a symposium of the sublime cartoon metaphors, y'know humor is a very serious business. Nice shot Braling of the "original" Weller. Whatever you all do, don't push the red button...

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will the real Sam Weller please stand up? Or speak up?

Posts: 7303 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post