Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    help me out with this story

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help me out with this story
 Login/Join

posted
can any one of you help me locate a story by ray bradbury??i read the story some ten years ago in my native language so i don't know the real title of the story...it was about a little boy who's father was an astronaut who was always on duty...the father dies in an accident while flying towards the sun...the last line of the story left a lasting impression on my memory...it was something like "so we never looked at the sun again"...can some one please tell me the title of the story and in which book it can be found??

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
emon:
The last line reads:
"And, for a long while, the only days we ever went out to walk were the days when it was raining and there was no sun."

Now that's from Ray's giant book, 'The Stories of Ray Bradbury'. Perhaps it has been changed from the original. But the story title was' The Rocket Man', ultimately set to music by Elton John.
_

THIS website is pretty much abandoned , by the way. You want to reach the NEW Bradbury website at: http://www.raybradbury.com

___

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Rocket Man" appears in "R Is For Rocket" too.

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello I need help to understand the following sentence from the Pedestrian:

"The car hesitated, or rather gave a faint, whirring click, as if information, somewhere was dropping car by punch-slotted card under electric eyes."
I dont understand it from "..as if informatoin..." till the end. How can you say this in a different way ?:S

Posts: 1 | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS website is pretty much abandoned , by the way. You want to reach the NEW Bradbury website at: http://www.raybradbury.com

Posts: 901 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post