Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Help ASAP!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help ASAP!!!
 Login/Join

posted
I am a high school student and in Ap English. Our literary question of the week is : What is unusual about the way Ray Bradbury lives in Los Angles? We need the answer by tomorrow and I have been searching. I was hoping someone could help me. please.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fothingale:

Here's one:
Ray never learned to drive a car. So in Los Angeles, he always had either someone drive him, had a hired driver, or he took a taxi cab.
Or walked.
Or bicycled.

Also:
He worked for Disney is Paris. So he often took a train to New York. And then, flew to Paris. You must remember, he never flew in an airplane to much later in life. He is a 'train-guy'. So taking the train to New York was part of his "heritage"...

Posts: 2280 | Location: Laguna Woods, California | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard's right. Go with the car. To live in LA without driving is pretty unusual.

A tidbit is that he's lived in the same house for 45 years. That's pretty unusual, but not in the same category.

Posts: 1964 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post