Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Illustrated Man - HELP!!!

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Illustrated Man - HELP!!!
 Login/Join

posted
I chose this book for my senior project, but i need help on the analysis. How are each stories significant and are there reoccurring images or smells throughout the book?

Posts: 1 | Registered: 29 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Images? Smells? Well, I've noticed that in my copy of the illustrated man, a deep pulped wood smell permeates each and every page. The images? Why it's a book! Each page has an image of words.

Why don't you start by telling us what you've found so far. By the way, isn't a "senior project" a year-long project?

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...well, there is so much help you can get...and then you are on your own. Otherwise, too much help, I want the class credit. Also, does you no good. Like, you have to start exercising your muscle of investigation and reasoning. Otherwise, it's pablum and oatmeal until you die!

Quickly now:
The Illustrated Man has many tattoos, let's call them Illustrations...that come to life and one can see amazing things happening as those illustrations portray what it needs to divulge.

Up to you to read about each illustration as it comes to life, and report back.

For a brief synopsis of stories...check out the English versions, (from this Russian website)...bunched up into several groups of 8 stories each. Click on the picture icons and check out stories that may appear in The Illustrated Man. Gives you a brief overview of all sorts of Bradbury stories.

click on:
http://www.immersion.raybradbury.ru

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post