Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury signings in Canada?

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ray Bradbury signings in Canada?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi! I live in Welland, Ontario (very close to Toronto and Niagara Falls) and was wondering if anyone knew if Ray Bradbury would be coming to Canada with his book tour? I would love to see him, but can't find the information anywhere. I'd even cross over into Buffalo to see him!Thanks! Cool

Posts: 2 | Location: Welland, Ontario | Registered: 24 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid not, Girl (or should I call you Windy?). I don't know the complete schedule for the "tour", but I can tell you that he rarely travels beyond SoCal anymore, an occasional trip to northern Illinois notwithstanding. That might be your best hope.

I think I heard he was going to south Florida later, but I disremember for sure. Wouldn't do you any good, anyway.

Try to holiday here in California sometime - you'll likely have an opportunity to get up close. He's been burning up the LA freeways lately!

Good luck!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug....guess I'll be California dreamin' then. Windy is good Smiler

Posts: 2 | Location: Welland, Ontario | Registered: 24 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, I hope that you are speaking about his trip to Mt. Dora and Terrance Shank's Icehouse Threatre that is planning a Ray Bradbury Festival. Ray was expected to attend this past July but the Festival had to be postponed due to the lack of venues for all the plays that were to be produced. Terrance told me that he jokingly told Ray "that he had to hold out until next year" for the Festival so that he could attend. And if he does, you know I will be there with bells on. [Where did that expression ever come from? Chapter 31, Frank, Greg, help me!]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Arriving 'with bells on' - meaning happy and delighted to attend - goes back to the days before automobile, when it was the custom to deck out with the fanciest harness the horse that drew the carriage for special occasions. That, of course, was the harness 'with bells on.'

Either that, or the assurance of arrival at an event. This was ascribed to American settlers, whose wagons often arrived at their destinations with bronze bells ringing to announce the arrival of a party with friendly intentions.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Windy Girl:
guess I'll be California dreamin' then.

"...on such a winter's day..."

"Live Forever!"