Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    At the Masthead
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At the Masthead
 Login/Join

posted
I never realized, untill the other day, that what members and guests are on the web site at any given time. Right now, it's me, Dandelion, and Frank. 10 guests are floating around there as well.

Has anyone else ever noticed this. Wouldn't it be neat to have a section that would Instant Messaging for us to chat together?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, MCBi1. It is a neat aspect that allows us to realize we are exchanging cyberspace at the same time from all corners of the globe. Right now, Fla and NY.

Good to read you spoke with RB the other day and all was well. I sent him some items a week or so back. Usually a response, but none so far. Bring on the dandelions to all lawns in the North!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Modern technology is truly amazing. I can let you in NY and FL know that it's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood here in CA!
Speaking of sending things to Mr. B, Biplane, when next we chat, I'll tell you the address I have. As for instant messaging, one of my sons in College spends hours daily doing that (when he should be studying), but I can usually only get a minute here and there to contact youse guys.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Knock, knock...

Bi1 and B2, don't get up. I'll get it!

Hey, Jayne just arrived!
Hmmm! NY, CA, FL. She must be from ND!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey!! Is this almost real time posting? Cool, great idea by the way. I am eating a cheese sandwitch, and it is a veyr nice day in the neighborhood of SLC as well.

Posts: 86 | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
Knock, knock...

Bi1 and B2, don't get up. I'll get it!

Hey, Jayne just arrived!
Hmmm! NY, CA, FL. She must be from ND!!

I know this is going to be a bummer.
Jayne is a girls name, but Jayne is not a girl.
Don't worry, it's not one of those creepy guy pretending to be a girl things, Jayne is my real name. Personaly I blame the flouride in the water for making my parents so strange.

posted Hide Post
See earlier postings re Joyce Kilmer!
Probably part of the reason so many kids nowadays have sexless or even surnames for Christian names, e.g. Trevor, Tyler, Taylor, Hunter, Kal-El, R2D2...

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm listening to Ray Bradbury Reads Stories from The Illustrated Man (audio tape), "The Smile," watching the Mets vs. the Giants (1-0 Sanfran, 2nd inning) on the classroom tube, doing papers, and then an hour drive to re-cert. at a CPR/EAD class. Home around 10:30pm EDT. I sure could use a cup of coffee! Already, Vitamined Up (all natural! ~ Naturally.)

Jayne, sir, where is "SLC"? South Left Canada!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
See earlier postings re Joyce Kilmer!
Probably part of the reason so many kids nowadays have sexless or even surnames for Christian names, e.g. Trevor, Tyler, Taylor, Hunter, Kal-El, R2D2...

Blaming Kal-El on flouride is a bit of a long shot, I think I would have to go with blaming the red sun for that one. I do have to agree with you however about R2D2, have you ever seen a droid on flouride? makes everclear look like chocolate milk in comparison.

posted Hide Post
Salt lake city.

posted Hide Post
Butch, sounds like me. Biterminal combustion of the paraffinic illuminator.

posted Hide Post
Jayne, not to worry. I know a fellow named Vivian and another Jocelyn--both are from Jamaica and I guess that it is quite common there for men to have what many of us would consider feminine names.

Frank, could, or would you say, that you are multi-tasking? Guess so!

Well, I wish we had a chat room type of situation here where we could banter back and banter on real time.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a doctor named Shirley but he was named back when that was more of a boys' name. One of the doctors on "Emergency!" was named Kelly. He had a real attitude, perhaps brought on by the "boy named Sue" syndrome.

Posts: 7301 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:
We had a doctor named Shirley but he was named back when that was more of a boys' name. One of the doctors on "Emergency!" was named Kelly. He had a real attitude, perhaps brought on by the "boy named Sue" syndrome.

I'm afraid I am not aware of your profession Dandelion, but if they they spell "Emergency" with a "!" sounds like a cool place to me. Big Grin

I think "Kelly is one of those names that go either way, like "Pat" or "Chris". Do you remember the television show with Bill Bixby the Incredible Hulk? Dr. Banner's name in the comics was "Bruce" but the TV executives thought Bruce was to effeminate, so they used his middle name David, The topic of names as it relates to masculinity, and how it is seen by a givin culture is an interesting one, I may drop some thoughts on you about this a little later on, when I'm not supposed to be sleeping. I will say however that I think I was lucky, in the fact that I was always very large for my age, and so never really got as much trouble as you might think a child would growing up with a name so popular for the opposite gender. My father is named "Jody" a feminine name for sure, all said, I think he was just passing it along. So uh, what do you do for a living again? Smiler

Janye
er
Jayne

Edited to spell my name right, I told you I should be sleeping.

posted Hide Post
"...The topic of names as it relates to masculinity..."
Yeah, I'm just about to become a grandfather again. How about I suggest if it's a boy, Biff or Spike; and if a girl, Pearl or Pansy?