Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    The Vedlt

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Vedlt
 Login/Join

posted
I'm assigned to answer this question and I really dont understand it. someone please assist me!!!

Find allusions to mythology and children's literature and explain their roles in the story (the vedlt)
Thankyou!!

Posts: 1 | Location: Calgary, AB, Canada | Registered: 02 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, veldtland posted this:
does anyone have ideas for the meaning of names in the veldt? i mean, Wendy and Peter are the children who live in their own dream world, like in Peter Pan.... and the psycologist, David McClean is going to help them CLEAN the house of it's "bad" feelings. But, what about the parents? George and Lydia Hadley???

To which I'd add, can't think of any, but it's interesting to note that in "Peter Pan," a story of children refusing to grow up, traditionally in stage versions the same actor who plays Wendy's father plays Captain Hook--casting, at least indirectly, the father in a villainous role or the children against the father. (Kind of interesting in the original F451 movie the same actress played both Mildred (Linda) and Clarisse, but I digress.) Mythology, I don't know, except for the references to fairy tales and such in the story. You might try comparing it to King Midas--too much wealth in the wrong things.

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post