Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Common Themes In Bradbury's Works
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Common Themes In Bradbury's Works
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Find the essay in Bradbury Speaks, among several on urban planning, about how he would design the ideal town square, to bring back human scale and pedestrian interaction to Los Angeles. Look at what types of shops and other buildings he places around his square. It's a microcosm of the World of Ray Bradbury, the things he loves, the themes he keeps returning to in his works.

This sounds like it'll help quite a bit, I'm looking around for it right now! Do you remember anything about the title or anything?

---
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down" - Bradbury

Posts: 21 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it the essay, "L.A., We Are the World!: A New Millennium Revelation (1989)".

The book is;

BRADBURY SPEAKS: TOO SOON FROM THE CAVE, TOO FAR FROM THE STARS. Ray Bradbury. William Morrow, NY. 2005.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mr. Dark! I looked briefly for it last night, but I decided to start writing my essay without it since it was getting a little late, I'm gonna read it now and see if I can use it.

---
"Go to the edge of the cliff and jump off. Build your wings on the way down" - Bradbury

Posts: 21 | Location: Roseville, CA | Registered: 28 November 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post