Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Happy Birthday
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 52

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Birthday
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Indeed, an always positive and independent person. A character of faith, family, friends, and fanatic about his many acres of gardens! He talked to animals and they listened. He was an artist, philosopher, storyteller, and successful businessman, though he never finished school. He knew all of the names of the baseball players when I was growing up. He never seemed uncertain, but rather always considered carefully. His decisions were right for the moment and the long run.

He held all of his grandchildren close to himself and smiled. He gave me the best education I could ever have received, working by his side as a child, teen, and young adult. He was a friend forever if you met him once. As for "lasting" that long, I only remember him "living" that long each of his many wonderful days.

Midnight arrives and his century was marvelous, really!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Francois Truffaut, director of Fahrenheit 451 would have been 80 years old today, and is today's Google Doodle:

(Bonus points to anyone who can name the three films depicted above.)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: philnic,

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 90th birthday, Steed!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And happy 200th birthday, Charles Dickens, who was born in the same city as me.

...and who is featured in today's Google Doodle!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"It was the best of times; it was the worst of times." Happy 200th!
Maybe the greatest narrative storyteller of modern times!?

Mr. Bradbury indicated Mr. Dickens's A Christmas Carol was the most influential book he ever read! Mr. B, of course, makes references to Mr. Dickens on numerous occasions in his own writings!

As for Patrick Macnee, I loved the Avengers series. PM was in one of the great RB Theater episodes, Usher II.

"I'm being ironic. Never interrupt a man when he is being ironic. It's not polite!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...51Xg&feature=related

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Born 1828: Jules Verne

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carole King is 70.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy 106, Lon, Jr!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Darwin.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Abe Lincoln, too.

(Maybe I should add a link to a log cabin this time.) Wink

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr Ralph Stanley, born February 25, 1927 - happy birthday! O, Death.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
My favourite Beatle, born 25/2/1943. What is Life?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Born eighty years ago, The Man.

His final performance just two months before he passed. Meditate on it.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
February 26, 1918 – Theodore Sturgeon

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Birthdays on Feb 27!
John Steinbeck
110 years ago...and

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
205 years today!