Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Of course, I should have remembered that!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
...When Bugs pops out of the ground and finds himself in Camelot he utters "That's the last time I get directions from Ray Bradbury." ...

Just watched it again, and he actually says he will "never, never again take travel hints from Ray Bradbury."

And it's not just because he's not in Georgia, it's because he has been trampled by a fire eating dragon... which prompts him to say "Something wicked that way went."

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
quote:
...When Bugs pops out of the ground and finds himself in Camelot he utters "That's the last time I get directions from Ray Bradbury." ...

Just watched it again, and he actually says he will "never, never again take travel hints from Ray Bradbury."

And it's not just because he's not in Georgia, it's because he has been trampled by a fire eating dragon... which prompts him to say "Something wicked that way went."

That's it.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mugnaini-esque! Big Grin

http://patrick-leger.blogspot....illustrated-man.html

Wonderful!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Linnl,

Posts: 861 | Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Registered: 06 July 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Linnl:
Mungaini-esque!

Or even MuGNaini-esque!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Got the copy of Rosebud magazine with the article about Ray written by Bill Goodwin today.

Oh yes, that book The Bradbury Report is not about Ray. The hero uses Raymond Bradbury has his false name in a story that takes place in the future. One paragraph mentions OUR Ray.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got the copy of Rosebud magazine with the article about Ray written by Bill Goodwin today.

The postperson delivered mine, too. Looking forryward to ripping off the wrapping!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The new issue of Rosebud Magazine has an article about Ray written by a neighbor, Bill Goodwin.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did Bill also do the artwork?

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Did Bill also do the artwork?

Yes

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Clever fellow!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
In doing some nostalgia Googling I came across the remake of The Jar from 1986. I was surprised by who directed this episode, Tim Burton.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
In doing some nostalgia Googling I came across the remake of The Jar from 1986. I was surprised by who directed this episode, Tim Burton.

You were?! I remember watching that way back then. Love Tim, but it couldn't touch Norman's version.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
...I was surprised by who directed this episode, Tim Burton.

Then you must not have read my review of said episode!

(Re-reading which, I see that I was pretty critical. I concur with Doug; it pales in comparison to the Norman Lloyd/James Bridges version.)

- Phil

posted Hide Post
Not comparing the versions, just commenting on the young pup director of the newer version.

John King Tarpinian