Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 160

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruled Paper II- A Miscellany Of Topics.
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Nard wrote, "Had to cut short and run. Back now!"

Hey! He cut and runned.

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
grasstains:

Aha! No, I actually completed the story about George Clayton Johnson. Go back to the same posting, which I edited, and notice..."Now back to the story..."

http://www.catchaway.com

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Atta boy, this ain't no cut and run party.

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of "cut and run" I just read the letter Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad wrote me. Sweet guy. He's like Ghandi, but with nukes. Sorry Nard, but I think I found a new Mom, again. Thanks for all the guidance.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
...how Bradbury moved from a Christian to a Universalist.

Unitarian Universalists are Christian (in a round about sort of way). At least some are!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was wish thinking how would you explain eternal life to someone, in a real way. Here's one:

You can't die in your dream.

-------------------

Doug Spaulding:

Round about sort of way? Like,in a restaurant, those are my eggs and bacon on someone else's table, in a sort of round about way?

-------------------

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:
...how Bradbury moved from a Christian to a Universalist.

Unitarian Universalists are Christian (in a round about sort of way). At least some are!

My local UU organization states the following:

Like most Unitarian Universalist congregations, Tapestry is a spiritually diverse community. Our members identify themselves as Jewish, humanist, Taoist, Christian, pagan, atheist, monotheist, and "none of the above." In general, though, we believe that there is no single religious truth and that life is a spiritual journey best experienced with others. We also strive to be ethnically and religiously diverse, and we welcome those of any ethnicity or religious orientation.

Our Mission: To encourage spiritual growth through free religious thought; to foster an atmosphere of acceptance, love and respect; to support commitment to service in the wider world.
http://www.uua.org/
More info can be cound at:

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Unitarian Scientist Universal (USU)

We are a recently formed organization of people who accept a flat earth theory, the semi-round earth theory and the round theory. We also include those who believe that the myth of moon landing is pushed on a society by the government. And, as well, there are those who believe that man has indeed left the earth, not necessarily having gone to the moon, and not necessarily higher than the limits of the atmospheres. Others still believe that the moon as so-called astronomers would have us believe is not as it is presented. Various theories and ideas are presented and held. There are those who firmly believe that the stars in the heavens are actually holes in the sky thru which daylight passes. Together, we all form USU.

We are an open-minded, sincere, peace loving peoples. We accept all theories and only together can we search for the truth.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Doug Spaulding:
Round about sort of way? Like,in a restaurant, those are my eggs and bacon on someone else's table, in a sort of round about way?

Meaning that the tenets don't conform to Pistic Christianity (which is what the majority of modern Christians hold as "orthodox"), not meaning that it isn't really Christian.

In fact, it's probably closer to the Essene faith held by Jesus than modern Roman/Eastern/Protestant Christianity is.

Personally, I'm with Jesus on this one, not Saul of Tarsus, whom I would consider the real father of Pistic Christianity!

With Jesus the Christ, you can...

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oooh! He said "Pistic"!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Oooh! He said "Pistic"!

Oh yeah? - well, not only that but...Gnostic!

There, I've said it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:

Bacon is very bad for your cholesterol. Eggs, not so much as we once thought.

But seriously, I think the most important question at hand here is, "where are the biscuits!?"

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
I am a Unitarian Scientist Universal (USU)
We are an open-minded, sincere, peace loving peoples.

Peoples is a good word.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrask:
...we believe that there is no single religious truth and that life is a spiritual journey best experienced with others.

Exactly!

Who are we to presume to tell God who God is!?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
For those who call themselves 'Christian":

Galatians 2
vs. 17-18

"But what if we seek to be made right with God through faith in Jesus Christ and then find out that we are still sinners? Has Christ led us into sin? Of course not. Rather, I make myself guilty if I rebuild the old system I already tore down."

Galatians 4
vs. 8 - 9

"Before you Gentiles knew God, you were slaves to so-called gods that do not even exist. And now that you have found God (or should I say, now that God has found you), why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual powers of this world?"