Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Ray's Legacy    POLITIC ALLEY
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 45

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

POLITIC ALLEY
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Knox:
People today know the earth is flat. People today absolutely know that man did not go to the moon.

What colour is the sky in your world, friend Knox?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Heck, how would you feel if laws were written that were based on the religious books of other faiths?

Yeah, don't they have that over in some of them Muslim countries? And don't they sometimes kill their own folks for breaking their rules?

Not very Yeshua-like, eh?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theoctobercountry:
Sorry, but that particular line of reason is illogical, because you are comparing two different things entirely. It can be proven that the earth is round; that is an easily ascertained scientific fact.

You guys gotta be are dummer than a clinker. There is no proof that the earth is round. There are many scholarly books written pertaining to the fact that the earth is flat. Look at the Panama Canal. There is proof right there.

And by Doug Spaulding's question as to the color of the sky in my world, gosh darn, I am beginnning to see why you believe Spong is right and the whole world of outside your personal panorama is in need of learning.

Truth is eternal, contained in the fabric of every molecule of existence, in every dimension whatever Haldron may discover next year; and in the farthest spectrum of space and the nearest nano structure of creation.

The trouble is, I don't think any of you here see it. Most likely Braling II, and a few others do see it. But that's about it. And no amount of discovery will open any of your eyes. They are sewn shut like you think everyone elses are. Too bad. Sad but the reality that is here on this board. My previous posting was to make a satire of patrask's long winding, swirling explanations and Doug Spaulding's endless description of meaningless points and references. They are written by the blind leading the blind.

Adios.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Phil Knox,

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
And no amount of discovery will open any of your eyes.

That sounds like a familiar saying.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Did you guys know that Barack Obama's favorite book is Moby-Dick?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection20...-might-not-know.html

Email: ordinis@gmail.com

Posts: 344 | Location: Redmond, Washington USA | Registered: 18 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, Barack.

He's right for the country in so many ways!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phil Knox:

You guys gotta be are dummer than a clinker. There is no proof that the earth is round. There are many scholarly books written pertaining to the fact that the earth is flat. Look at the Panama Canal. There is proof right there.

My friend, this may be like pouring good clean water into a stagnant pool, but please take a look at this -- this is your home, Earth, as viewed from space by a manmade contraption called Voyager. It will show you how insignificant we are and also that the Earth is round. Square flat things don not easily exist in the space-time continuum, as gravity tends to pull them into a ball shape, thus , the Earth is round and you live on a ball. Now, if that is hard to believe, imagine trying to accept the Jesus story from a scientific viewpoint. Be at peace.

http://www.skyimagelab.com/pale-blue-dot.html

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
patrask ~ Phil Knox was making fun of your theological references. He wasn't serious.
quote:
My previous posting was to make a satire of patrask's long winding, swirling explanations and Doug Spaulding's endless description of meaningless points and references.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, look at it this way:

1st Corinthians chapter 4, Paul the Apostle writes this:

"...we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
patrask ~ Phil Knox was making fun of your theological references. He wasn't serious.

We know.
quote:
Doug Spaulding's endless description of meaningless points and references.

Meaningless!?

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
This idea that the gay movement is a Civil Rights issue is ludicrous. First of all, Civil Rights issues come out of the depth of poverty, abuse, and a total disregard of the human condition. The gay movement today is well funded, they have good jobs, they even have TV programs and fashion shows and are well educated and found in the best of jobs thruout the entire sector of jobs and education.

Also the Civil Rights movement sprang directly forth from Christian churches. This Sunday several hundred gays and lesbians were demonstrating in front of the church I attend, Saddleback in Lake Forest, California. Some signs even had the swastika on it. For some reason. I couldn't tell. But 75% of the black vote went for Proposition 8. So why is there no demonstrating in front of black churches, anywhere? The answer is...not politically correct.

posted Hide Post
An earlier post of mine on this subject got sort of buried back there by a very prolix one.
May I reiterate?

Ever heard of Ex-Gay Ministries?

There are several such.
Not one 'ex-black' organisation however.

Also, I doubt if anyone was ever told to move to the back of the bus because they 'looked gay'.

Apples and oranges there, patrask.

My black friends generally bridle at attempts to equate race and lifestyle. How about yours?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
An earlier post of mine on this subject got sort of buried back there by a very prolix one.

Hey! My post wasn't prolix. It was just long and drawn out.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Sure, I've heard of "ex-gay" ministries---quite a few horrendous accounts about their brainwashing techniques. Now, have you ever heard of "ex-ex-gay" groups? Must be just about as many of them around...

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, I doubt if anyone was ever told to move to the back of the bus because they 'looked gay'.
Well, I have often heard of people getting beaten or even killed because they "looked gay."

Posts: 232 | Location: The Land of Trees and Heroes | Registered: 10 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post