Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Best of the Mars Rovers Pictures (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Best of the Mars Rovers Pictures
 Login/Join

by Robert M Blevins (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Top Mars Exploration Rover pictures, plus a few other ones from the Red Planet

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert M. Blevins:
Note... Your photo files are too large to open...in fact, some 10 times too large. Somewhere you missed a step in reducing the file size. It's possible to 'replace' each photo with a smaller file size photo. Your photos are 'trying to' open at approx. 800 KB. They will open at somewhere between 75-120 KB.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They all opened for me, usually in about three seconds. I am interested especially in the second photo, which actually looks like it has water int it. I'm sure it doesn't, yet it looks that way. These are wonderful photos! They make me anxious to start teaching "The Martian Chronicles" all over again!!

Posts: 774 | Location: Westmont, Illinois 60559 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use pretty large image files, this is true. Unless you have a minimum of 128mb of ram and at least 400mhz speed, they could prove difficult.
Heck, I recently upgraded my computer and wondered how I even organized the files in the first place.
If you think these are good, you should see our homepage at Adventure Books. http://www.freewebs.com/adventurebooks. There are far better ones there, plus a bunch of free Mars-related downloads. Nothing is for sale there, no popups either.
'Turn up your speakers if you go there.'

Posts: 349 | Location: Seattle, Washington State, USA | Registered: 20 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm! I checked out your page on the asteroid Toutatis. See: http://www.freewebs.com/adventurebooks/superpics.htm
You seem to spell it Toutatio. (not another one of those ghastly publisher typos!) Anyway, the best photos I could ever find were from NASA. See: http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/planetary/asteroid/toutatis.jpg
You positive this is not a compilation of some computer graphics? Could not find your 'photo' anywhere in the NASA files.

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops! I stand corrected by libRArY...
When I first created the AB site, that picture was one of the first ones I added.
It is image number PIA-00515 at NASA, under Planetary Photojournal, subcatagory 'Small Bodies.'
It is a computer-generated version of Earth, as seen from the asteroid. There was a data transmission on the date I stated, which they used to make the generated version of the picture. I will make the necessary corrections, including the spelling, to the site!
Thanks!
RB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Robert M Blevins,