Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Inspired by Ray?    Just What Have We Been Doing with Our Lives (Photo) (Personal Album)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Just What Have We Been Doing with Our Lives (Photo)
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
MARSLANDING, 1976, is the date on this 3rd issue. All copy inspired by Ray. And set by the laborious process of a table-top Varityper, that clunked and whirred and made more noises than a washing machine on the fritz with each key-stroke! You also had to type everything twice. But what fun!! And science-fiction author Algis Budrys was kind enough to contribute an original article for the issue. Printed 5,000 copies, and handed them all out at the 1976 WORLDCON science fiction convention.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nard Kordell,

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a terrific looking publication. It reminds me that fan presses and fanzines as we used to know them are probably a thing of the past now, thanks to the web. Was this your first stab at publishing, Nard?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, I think it'd be interesting read. Is there a way to get copy if there are any around?

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yow! I actually have a couple dozen issues of the 3rd issue only! That's it! Couple bucks to cover postage and large envelope should do it. Thanks!
Send me an email, I'll send you my address:
email: catchaway@comcast.net

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one!

Will you be at the Torrance event May 25? I'll pay you there, eh?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug
Spaudling:

the details of the Torrance event? Time, place?

posted Hide Post
I'll have to check with jkt.

Email me to remind me.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

Forgot to bring you a copy of Interplanetary ... when I saw you in Torrance. Are you going to be in Santa Barbara next weekend to hear Bradbury at the Red Lion Inn Hotel? It's not that far from you!!

posted Hide Post
Won't be in SB, but will be at "Green Town" on the 22nd. If all goes as hoped, may even be at 4E's with Ray in tow! We're working on it!

Will be at the theatre on the 29th for RB on stage, as well.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding: Are we talking about...
WAUKGAN?

If so, how you getting there...where are you staying?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Doug Spaulding: Are we talking about...
WAUKGAN?

Waukgan?

No, although I almost flew over it this past week when I took a flight from Chicago to Michigan.

I speak of the play, Green Town, at the Fremont.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

No, will not make The Fremont. I do plan to make Santa Barbara to hear Ray on the following day...

And how silly of me. Waukgan!!? Sheesh! Now where's that? I meant WAUKEGAN!!!!

posted Hide Post
Look forward to seeing Green Town, up there in Pasadena, sometime in July!

Posts: 384 | Location: Anaheim, CA. | Registered: 21 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt:

Will be there this afternoon. Have been unable to confirm 4E to receive RB on the way to the play, but there's always next Friday!

Will you be supping with Mr B at the bistro? I might just come there myself for a light supper before the production begins - maybe he'll invite me to sit at his table (I can dream, can't I?)

Let's be sure to get some good photos to share with the fine folks on the board.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
It's funny but I don't remember or didn't get involved in science fiction much. Ray inspired me mostly through his macabre stories usually involving Halloween. I guess when a lot of things came out I was too young. I can remember some things but not others... I really love the photos and would love to read more...

cleaning out the mind's attic

Posts: 1 | Location: the rickety chair | Registered: 19 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post