Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Ray Bradbury today April 24, 2007 (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Ray Bradbury today April 24, 2007
 Login/Join

by Nard Kordell (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Ray Bradbury today, April 24, 2007

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look forward to hearing the answers to the questions. Cheers for Mr. Bradbury receiving the Award.

Posts: 439 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: 19 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks - another nice photo. Keep 'em coming!

Posts: 11 | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Man looks - and continues to be going - great!. Nard, any talk of his plans for NYC Pulitzer presentation on May 21st?
f

Posts: 2807 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's Ray's words from yesterday:::

(Ray, a few words about the Pulitzer)
"Oh, it's wonderful, of course! I hope I can go east. I gotta call my doctor this week and find out if he'll let me fly. You'll see!"
(How about trains?)
"Oh no, I couldn't do that, you'll seem worse. I love trains. But that's a 4 day trip. That's too much and I'd be tempted to take champagne every night and that wouldn't be good."

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nard, if all goes well for Mr. Bradbury and he comes to the East Coast, I would sincerely enjoy making the trip for an opportunity to meet him. Access to the function would be challenging (unless one is a "professional assistant" or, as Dandelion hinted, allowed to enter as a cybassador, of sorts, from our realm here at RB.com.

I am sending Mr. B a project worked on all week by my students (9-12) in congratulations for being awarded his Pulitzer citation. The entire school actually got caught up in the spirit of the "greeting." We hope it makes him smile.

If any avenues come to mind, I'd be grateful for the input.
f

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fjp451,

Posts: 2807 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
fjp451:
Not much to do until Bradbury knows if he's going to New York or not. I'd say you may be a couple yards ahead if you have a 'press-pass' or some sort of credentials. Affiliated with some publication that may be able to hand you a 'press-pass' for this event? If you are a teacher, perhaps something is available to you there for this event, an avenue open, since Pulitzer has to do with arts.

posted Hide Post
A message sent to Mr. B today. Thanks, Nard. We'll wait and see!!