Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Fahrenheit 451 Play Revival (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Fahrenheit 451 Play Revival
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
After what was supposed to be a six week run that was extended to seventeen weeks it has been brought back for another run. By the time this run is over there will have been a total of 79 performances.

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fahreneheit 451 has been extended, again. It is slated to run until December 20th. People just keep coming. Tonight will be my 21st watching of the play. Mr. B is scheduled to attend this evening.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last night, I learned that this play is the second longest running play in Los Angeles, this year. Only Wicked has had a longer run. How cool is that?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:How cool is that?

Wicked!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New video.

The story of how a walk became The Pedestrian, and how The Pedestrian became The Fireman, and how The Fireman became Fahrenheit 451.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo of the cake, honoring the 89th and final performance of Fahrenheit 451for the season. The next play will be The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit and the one after that is slated to be Martian Chronicles.

John King Tarpinian

Image451Cake.JPG (253 Kb, 8 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Had the opportunity to catch the last performance, and took it! Great to see everyone, including you too Mr.Tarpinian. Ray was in fine form, lots of pizzas to munch for everyone after the closing. With a story that has been tweaked to something a little different than previous productions, it is captivating anew led by fine, fine performances.

(Can't locate my upload device, or I'd throw a few things online.) Once I locate the thing, there's a nice video of Ray introducing the play. Former JPL Boss and friend of Ray's, Bruce Murray, was also there in audience.

Afterwards, stepped outside and there was Alan Neal Hubbs, director, along with his lighting expert, setting up the banner for the next play: The Wonderful Ice Cream Suit coming in Mid-January, 2009.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post