Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Birtdday Photos (Community Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Birtdday Photos
 Login/Join

by drewbaker (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here are some photos I shot today

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to my namesake. While "a few" years younger we come from the same Bradbury stock and its been a pleasure over the years to answer in the affirmative to the question "are you related to Ray Bradbury?" What a great writer! A distant cousin, Chuck Bradbury

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are such cool shots. Thanks for sharing them. Ray is just an amazing person--charitable, bright, creative, passionate, generous . . . the list just goes on. It is a treasure to have him still with us, still creating, still inspiring, and still loving.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I say let them eat cake. Since I am very tired and am not in love with the slide show on this forum I am going to upload three images of the cake, one-at-a-time.

Oh yes, please would somebody let me know if I was there. Nard? Doug?

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Image01_Before_Front_Small.JPG (179 Kb, 14 downloads) Front of Cake

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the back.

John King Tarpinian

Image02_Before_Back_Small.JPG (169 Kb, 12 downloads) Back of Cake

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All that was left.

John King Tarpinian

Image03_After_Small.JPG (195 Kb, 12 downloads) All Gone.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for these great photos. Cake included!

"Save your freedom. If anyone tells you you may not read Harry Potter because of 'witchcraft', run! Shun him. He's a Fireman."

Posts: 152 | Location: Formerly SacraDemento, California | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pics, drewbaker. You must have been standing right next to Doug Spaulding, as your photos are from almost the same angle as the ones he sent me!

Terrific cake, jkt. Did they eat the dinosaurs as well?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By the way, drew, jkt, Doug (anyone who was there): who is the woman sitting next to Ray?

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THAT ANNE HARDIN, MUSIC "TRUMPET" TEACHER FROM SOUTH CAROLINA.

SHE THE ONE WHO DID ALL THE LEG WORK "ENTRY FORM, PHONE CALLS, LETTERS. ETC", FOR RAY'S PULITZER AWARD. IF NOT FOR ANNE HARDIN, GOD KNOWS WHEN RAY WOULD HAVE RECIEVED THE PULITZER.

THIS I KNOW FOR A FACT!

TAKE CARE
PATRICK

Posts: 141 | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Patrick. I thought that might be who it was, but I wasn't sure.

Good to see you're still on the boards with us, even though you've moved on!

- Phil

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Thanks, Patrick. I thought that might be who it was, but I wasn't sure.

Good to see you're still on the boards with us, even though you've moved on!

Ray also dedicated Somewhere the Band is Playing to Ms. Hardin...along to another lady, Katherine Hepburn.

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
Drew,

There is a book you, or anybody concerned about signatures on older books might wish to read:

PEN, INK, & EVIDENCE: A STUDY OF WRITING AND WRITING MATERIALS FOR PENMAN, COLLECTOR, AND DOCUMENT DETECTIVE by Joe. Nickell

My other hobby is fountain pen collecting and this book is a good reference tool used by autograph collectors, too.

John King Tarpinian

ImagePenInk.jpg (17 Kb, 5 downloads)