Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    RB in TO - 2006OCT29 (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
RB in TO - 2006OCT29
 Login/Join

by Doug Spaulding (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here are some shots of our favourite writer at his latest appearance, Barnes & Noble in beautiful Thousand Oaks. I shall try to fill in for Mr Kordell, snapping away.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug Spaulding,

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DS, great photos - just like being there. So, the F451 pin flies from LA to NY to LA to the RB Board. A real RB "pass it on moment." Nice. "Thanks!"

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics, Doug! Keep snapping, Nard can't be everywhere!

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding:

You do a mighty fine job yourself. And a great photo of George Clayton Johnson. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that it is great that Ray likes to wear shorts. If I am not at work, I am in shorts. Now if we can get Ray to wear short sleeve shirts to go with the shorts we'll have it made

Thanks from me as well, Douglas, for the nice photo work.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Sunrise, FL, USA | Registered: 28 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...[the Lord] taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man."
-Psalm 147:10

(My excuse for NOT wearing shorts!)

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Everyone:
Good job/thanks for the photos/keep up the good work

Thanks! I had a lot of fun myself. I will try to see Mr B again this weekend. I'm slowly working my way through getting all my books signed two or three at a time. Just six or seven more to go!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
...the legs of a man.

Now, now - I refrained (at great strain) from commenting on that very subject.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
One of his best comments at the appearance was when someone asked of him, "what scares you most?"

His answer: "Book critics who don't know a ***damn thing!"

The audience roared.

"Live Forever!"