New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
UCR Eaton Science Fiction Conference. "Chronicling Mars" May 16-18
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Video, although not much - I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry.

Do I have to get Nard's permission to post him singing, I wonder?

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
Video, although not much - I wasn't really paying attention. Sorry.

Do I have to get Nard's permission to post him singing, I wonder?

I really have to become a vampire so that my image cannot be filmed. Oh wait, that only works with silver nitrate film stock.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding~ Thanks for cutting my songfest short! Hoswever, thanks in general for the video. Hope you took more. The banter between Ray and Fred Pohl is great!

PatR~ Wonderful photo display of all the stuff that made up the conference. Professional job all around.

jkt~ You were not aware that it didn't work with digital formats?

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that wasn't a plastic wine glass Mr. B had!
And isn't there any audio of our board buds?

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
The banter between Ray and Fred Pohl is great!

I wish I had gotten some!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
I hope that wasn't a plastic wine glass Mr. B had!
And isn't there any audio of our board buds?

It was.

No audio. I'll do better next time.

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
Doug Spaulding~

What? You can't read lips?

Are you saying no one recorded anything of the talk that Phil Nichols (philnic) and Eric (Mr. Dark) gave at the conference? Say it ain't so.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The conference people recorded the whole event, picture and sound. Although I think it's just for the archives, not for publication.

The image of Ray that was projected behind him on the stage was a direct feed from the camera that recorded the whole conference.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The abstracts of the papers are presented at:

http://eatonconference.ucr.edu/abstracts.php

This includes (or should include) abstracts of all the papers.

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, Doug Spaulding, I just watched that video clip. Amazed to see that you caught me sitting and listening to Ray talking to (or about) Fred Pohl.

Even more amazed to see that I spend the entire clip grinning (or grimacing).

That reminds me, I have a couple of tiny clips of Ray's talk. I must upload them.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by philnic:
Even more amazed to see that I spend the entire clip grinning (or grimacing).

We RBers do a lot of grinning over here!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
That reminds me, I have a couple of tiny clips of Ray's talk.

I was too far back for that - some of us got the good seats!

"Live Forever!"

posted Hide Post
quote:
That reminds me, I have a couple of tiny clips of Ray's talk. I must upload them.

Here's one of them. Terrible camera, poor sound. Gathered very much as an afterthought, using the video facility on my stills camera:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5298620469290895545&hl=en

- Phil

posted Hide Post
I wish I had done this. Thanks for posting. Do you miss the Southern California experience, yet?

Posts: 2769 | Location: McKinney, Texas | Registered: 11 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are wonderful, thank you so much for posting them. To say that I am a bit jealous would be understatement of Herculean proportions...

Congrats!

Posts: 86 | Registered: 31 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post