Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Resources    Festival of Books Photos (Personal Album)

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Festival of Books Photos
 Login/Join

by jkt (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Here a a few quick shots taken at the Fetival of Books

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jkt,

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The event was great fun. Authors from Gore Vidal, Julie Andrews and Joseph Wambaugh were there, meeting and greeting their fans. I am proud to say that Mr. B’s draw was more than their equal was if not greater. Mother Nature’s decision to dial up the heat was the only bad thing I can come up with about the event…

You’d have parents walk by, stop, their eyes would widen, turn to their kids and tell them that sitting there was one of America’s greatest writers, that in a few years they would be reading a great novel written by him, as they had done. This happened over again and again. People, of all ages, would stand in line just to tell him what an honor it was to meet him.

The lecture hall was, as it should be, standing room only. I think the hall holds 1,800 people. As Ray was brought onto the stage, he received a standing ovation. He talked about his life and his loves. People laughed and applauded throughout the one-hour talk. When Mr. B was done, he received another standing ovation, as it should be.

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JOHN~

Thanks for the photos and the info. Good to see Richard from Chicago there. Faithful fellow. Thanks!!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are great photos, thank you J K T

Posts: 60 | Location: L.A. Ca. | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
jkt:
Though I could not be there, your description of the standing "O"'s made me stand and begin to applaud for RB myself. Thanks for the images your message conjured! Great for Mr. B.

Posts: 2806 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjp451:
jkt:
Though I could not be there, your description of the standing "O"'s made me stand and begin to applaud for RB myself. Thanks for the images your message conjured! Great for Mr. B.

My eyes welled up when I heard the first parent, a dad, tell his son that he had read F451 in school and that the son will soon read it. It gave special meaning to LIVE FOREVER!

John King Tarpinian

posted Hide Post
John, it was great seeing you at the Festival of Books last Saturday. Hope our paths cross again soon.

Posts: 2478 | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard:
John, it was great seeing you at the Festival of Books last Saturday. Hope our paths cross again soon.

I'm sure there will be something that'll draw you back to So. Cal. Maybe the Mars Event?

John King Tarpinian