Notify
Tools
Add Comment
The Music Box Stairs
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dandelion:

Nard, thanks for the insight on moving a real piano. I was wondering how they made the box in the movie light enough to do all it did (including apparently run over Ollie) and heavy enough to survive going up and down those steps. Would a balsa wood crate survive such treatment?

_
dandelion ~ Yow! You are right. They likely didn't use a genuine piano. Just a box shell. So there would hardly be any cracks or chips in the stairs. Duh!

PHIL: (philnic) Hey, thanks for that. My dad spent 3 years in World War II. Instructions for gunning from a plane? Well, maybe. Moving a piano? Naw. Brute force.

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkt:
Phil: Post a picture of you eating Haggis and I'll believe it!

Ewww!

No pun intended.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:
quote:

Ewww!

No pun intended.

Baaaaaad pun intended

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Baaaaaad pun intended

I thought my pun was pretty good, actually. But ewer's was good, too!

Interesting how an original post on The Music Box can turn into a discussion of Scotland, sheep, and questionable food stuffs.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Spaulding:I was only there a few minutes, but it looked OK to me. No murders during the time I was there!

The conversation was five years ago and the murder sometime before that.

Posts: 7305 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Och, John (or may I call ye Jock?), how could I eat one of these poor wee creatures, hunted from glen to glen:

http://www.electricscotland.com/canada/fraser/haggis.htm

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The wee toon of Ben Lomond in California has an annual Rabbie Burrrns supper that I attend, with all the standard features.
I've always liked haggis, actually.
Then again, I'd rather have perfectly-cooked calf liver and onions than a steak.

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Braling II ~
Oh, yeah! Raised in a Lithuanian family, liver and onions was a staple. Mmmmm! Kugelis! Beet soup. Sauerkraut soup. OH YUM!!!

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That does it!
We definitely have to meet someday!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post