New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Green Town
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Doug-I would have loved to go I planned on going but sometimes life gets in the way, but you are right it is only 4 hours away,by plane a very short travel time for a once in a life time opportunity.
Mr. kordell if you would like to use my two tickets to the show I can email you the info on how to do this. I got the ok to let someone else use my tickes from I believe the producer of the play. Just let me know how to contact you. I would hate for those tickets not to be used.

David B Smith

Posts: 12 | Location: Utica,MI,USA | Registered: 03 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nard Kordell:
Two good words. Topsy. Turvy. No?

Two good words - yes!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RBFAN57: The box office is very informal. If you plan to come into town to see the play they will transfer the dates of your tickets. If you email me I'll email you a phone number to call.

jkt@earthlink.net

John King Tarpinian
You know what you are, Mr. Bradbury? ... You are a poet! -- Aldous Huxley

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who will be there tonight?

I think I'll do the black jacket again (although I'll leave the Rabbi hat at home this time).

Meet and greet!

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andre Norton and Charles L. Grant recently had to have a sell-off, too. Back in the early 1960s H. Beam Piper committed suicide because of financial ruin and too much pride. Theodore Sturgeon and Avram Davidson died virtually penniless.

Charles L. Grant seemed to handle it best as many big name celebrities donated signed memorabilia to an online auction held for his benefit. Stephen King and Clive Barker were among those who contributed. Over at the asimovs.com board a year or two ago I asked if anyone knew how his medical condition turned out and Grant himself replied, "I ain't dead yet!"

=================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, just returned from the evening with Ray event at the Fremont. Ray was marvelous, told a lot of his stories about how he came to do the things that have made him the Ray we all know and love. Love was his message, as usual, and to do the things that you truly love and let the chips fall where they may.

Following his passion for things has led Ray on a merry chase through his life and enabled him to do things that he only dreamed of in his younger years. He has had many helpful friends along the way, but always they have admired his talent and his passion for his work. His Pulitzer Prize certificate was posted in the lobby, a great tribute to a life of stories that have moved all of us to tears of joy in their reflections of humanity.

Posts: 847 | Location: Laguna Hills, CA USA | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the love. Right back atcha, my friend.

=================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ray Bradbury Live! was a lovely evening. Ray spoke for an hour and fifteen minutes. As Patrask said, he shared with the audience many things in his life that are his loves. From the his first kiss from Maggie, which resulted in his going home the wrong way; to one of his landlords having been Lucille Ball.

I was personally honored by Mr. B last night. He surprised and delighted me with a personalized pre-release copy of Now and Forever. I am manly enough to say that my eyes welled up while at the same time grinning from ear to ear.

Doug: Pictures. Please post pictures.

John King Tarpinian

Posts: 2745 | Location: Glendale, California | Registered: 11 June 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Matthew Bond
Philip Sokoloff
Paul Bond
Roses Prichard

John King Tarpinian

ImageMBondPhilipSokoloffPBondRosesPrichard.jpg (64 Kb, 14 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Michael Prichard
Anders Ashjomsen

John King Tarpinian

ImageMichaelPrichardAndAndersAshjornsen.jpg (32 Kb, 16 downloads)

posted Hide Post
Michael Prichard
Georgan George

John King Tarpinian

ImageMichaelPrichardGeorganGeorge.jpg (32 Kb, 15 downloads)

posted Hide Post
This is all great stuff, though I am distressed to hear so many fine talents hit hard times!

Cori

Posts: 7300 | Location: Dayton, Washington, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
July 7th, 2007 7/7/7

Late!
Just got back from attending a performance of 'Green Town' with my daughter. Took a handful of nice photos. Will post them sometime tomorrow. Ray looked in good form and spoke well before the start of the play.

I really loved the first act. Great! Touching! Really nice. Screenwriter Frank Darabont stopped by briefly and kissed Ray. And then skidoodled. Shoot! Didn't snap a picture quick enough. But he was really there!

Photos tomorrow...

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's in the white bag, on the front steps of the Fremont Centre Theater?

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post