Ray Bradbury Hompage    raybradburyboard.com    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Bradbury Story Got You Started?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Bradbury Story Got You Started?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
do u know of anyplace where i can get a summary on The Sound of Thunder????

Posts: 2 | Location: dothan al us | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All Summer In A Day was the first Bradbury story I read, but I think my all-time favorite has to be Homecoming. I adore that story, and was thrilled with From The Dust Returned! That particular book wraps up all my favorite Bradbury elements into one handy-dandy volume. I remember crying like an idiot the first time I read Homecoming - yet another reminder of my own mortality, I guess. Anyway, it's a gorgeous little story. I love that peculiar, gothic melancholy that seems to belong only to Bradbury.

Posts: 2 | Location: Portland, Oregon USA | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
babylover--The actual story is so short, why don't you just give it a read? You won't be sorry!

Posts: 581 | Location: Naperville, IL 60564 | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
when i was a freshman we read farenheit 451. i never read any of the books we were assigned, except that one! i loved it so much that i have read it about 20 times since! (finishing it only about half that! lol) i have never meet anyone else that has read that book! it's a shame! my dream since was to write the screenplay for it. i feel that i would do it justice. being that so many movies based on books don't. now that mel gibson is doing it, looks like my chance is gone! :O( oh well! hopefully he will do a great job on it!

Posts: 1 | Location: somewhere here not there | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just signed up for this board, so hope this works---
I can't remember what I read first- I've read so many books in my life- but no doubt Dandelion Wine is my favorite! It leaves me mentally and spiritually refreshed-
Found out yesterday that Ray is coming to Bakersfield February 28-
I am SO,SO,SO excited!!!!!!!

Posts: 4 | Location: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post