Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    What Are You Reading? II
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 60

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Are You Reading? II
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My Life as a Spy by John A. Walker, Jr. This piece of work was drilled into our heads when I was in the Navy, and I wanted to hear his side of things. A relatively interesting read.

I *AM* big... it's the pictures that got small! - Norma Desmond

Posts: 18 | Location: Former Navy and Navy wife, I've lived everywhere! | Registered: 31 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Odyssey by Homer. Never thought I'd get into this but I am quietly amazed by every page so far!

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

rocketsummer@insightbb.com

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Broken Window" by Jeffery Deaver.
His latest Lincoln Rhyme tale.
Scary!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"The Gurus, the Young Man, and Elder Paisios"
by Dionysios Farasiotis.

HIGHLY recommended!

Posts: 3167 | Location: Box in Braling I's cellar | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"DICK AND JANE"

by William Gray

Riveting!

ImageDick_and_Jane.jpg (8 Kb, 4 downloads)

Posts: 3954 | Location: South Orange County, CA USA | Registered: 28 June 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished reading "Somewhere a Band is Playing"

I'm currently reading the Foundation trilogy.

I plan on reading "Into the Wild" soon.

Posts: 3 | Location: Clemson, SC | Registered: 22 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hari Seldon:
...I'm currently reading the Foundation trilogy...

Reading it, Hari? I thought you were the star of it! Big Grin

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Reading Lolita In Tehran"
by Azar Nafisi
Interesting, illuminating, well-written; but I think I need some Bradbury now.

posted Hide Post
i heard thats good b-two. how ya doin' buddy? i just finished the strand, great current vampire by the director of pans labryrinth. i picked up spook country by william gibson. weird but good so far.

She stood silently looking out into the great sallow distances of sea bottom, as if recalling something, her yellow eyes soft and moist...

Posts: 1397 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger by Steve King.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't "The Dark Tower" that unfinished C.S. Lewis story?

Just finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini, author of "The Kite Runner".
Very good historical fiction.

Rocky! Doing well, bud.
Working hard, singing, and playing jazz.
I'm off to do the latter anon.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Braling II:
Isn't "The Dark Tower" that unfinished C.S. Lewis story?

Yes! It's that as well.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Killer Angels (Shaara), Rubicon: The Triumph and Tragedy of the Roman Empire (Holland)...not unlike our current dilemmas!? Animal Farm (Orwell), and Ray Bradbury Companion (Nolan), who along with Mr. B and Mr. Michael Prichard (a la Capt. Beatty), signed my classroom F451 - with all of its notes, underlines, and allusions plentifully evident.

BTW: What fine gentlemen they all are (and were when we shared some time with each)!!

Posts: 2803 | Location: Basement of a NNY Library | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey B-Two, do you have anything online of you playing, like youtube or something like it where we can see you playing?

posted Hide Post
Well, we played on local TV, but I couldn't get a link.
I like the live shows with audience better anyway.
I'll let ya know...

How about a recording?
Maybe I could figure a way to send that over the ethers and maintain my cyber-anonymity?