Ray Bradbury Hompage    Ray Bradbury Forums    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Imported Forums  Hop To Forums  Favorite Book/ Story    Favorite Bradbury book?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: dandelion, philnic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Bradbury book?
 Login/Join

posted
Fahrenheit 451. In fact I just finished reading it for the umteenth time a few hours ago.

Posts: 2 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion Wine.

We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this will pass.
~~Garrison Keillor

Posts: 50 | Location: The not-so-wild, wild west, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr Nightshade, with a name like that I would expect you to vote for Something Wicked This Way Comes!

I would vote for The Golden Apples of the Sun. I don't think it's his BEST book, but it's my favourite because it was the first Bradbury I ever read. At least three of the stories in there are among my all-time favourites.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter

Posts: 5029 | Location: UK | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Martian Chronicles, or The Silver Locusts.

But a close second would be the delicious Dandelion Wine.

"Live Forever!"

Posts: 6909 | Location: 11 South Saint James Street, Green Town, Illinois | Registered: 02 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dandelion Wine

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com

Posts: 178 | Location: Currently Flint, MI | Registered: 28 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi all! I'm brand new to this site and these boards, but not new to Mr. Bradbury. I love all his work, but hands down, one of my favorite books is The October Country. An INCREDIBLE collection.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually depends on which one I've read most recently.

THE ILLUSTRATED MAN

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

FAHRENHEIT 451

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Brad.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Sacratomato, Cauliflower | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... and Mr. Nightshade.

posted Hide Post
... and poettesse too.

posted Hide Post
Thank you,grasstains; it's good to be here! Wink

We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this will pass.
~~Garrison Keillor

Posts: 50 | Location: The not-so-wild, wild west, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, grasstains! I look forward to sharing my Bradbury experiences with you.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 21 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new here too.
It is hard to pick a favorite - but my top two (as in I have re-read them more than the others) are Something Wicked This Way Comes and Dandylion Wine. BUT I have to read them at the appropriate times of yearSmiler. I just finished Dandylion Wine again, because it is a summer book. About every third October I'll read Something Wicked This Way Comes - at night with the windows open so I can hear those far away train whistles coming toward town at night.

Posts: 1 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 04 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite and probably his least mentioned in any forum is Death is a Lonely Business. I loved all of the characters and the nameless hero. I could easily see it being turned into a crime caper comedy that would have moviegoers laughing their pants off. Anyone familiar with that one?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Death is a Lonely Business is my least favorite of Bradbury novels. Believe it first came out in 1985. I didn't even like the cover with all those rolling eyeballs. Sorry! Don't judge a book by its cover. Maybe I kinda did on this one.

Posts: 624 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post