Ray Bradbury Forums
Favorite Bradbury book?

This topic can be found at:
https://raybradburyboard.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6891083901/m/5311075923

19 August 2007, 06:21 PM
Mr. Nightshade
Favorite Bradbury book?
Fahrenheit 451. In fact I just finished reading it for the umteenth time a few hours ago.
19 August 2007, 11:25 PM
poettesse
Dandelion Wine.

We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this will pass.
~~Garrison Keillor
20 August 2007, 01:44 PM
philnic
Mr Nightshade, with a name like that I would expect you to vote for Something Wicked This Way Comes!

I would vote for The Golden Apples of the Sun. I don't think it's his BEST book, but it's my favourite because it was the first Bradbury I ever read. At least three of the stories in there are among my all-time favourites.

- Phil

Deputy Moderator | Visit my Bradbury website: www.bradburymedia.co.uk | Visit the Center for RB Studies: www.tinyurl.com/RBCenter
21 August 2007, 10:25 AM
Doug Spaulding
The Martian Chronicles, or The Silver Locusts.

But a close second would be the delicious Dandelion Wine.

"Live Forever!"
21 August 2007, 02:31 PM
LordShen
Dandelion Wine

Free sci-fi mag online at:thelordshen.com
21 August 2007, 07:45 PM
Brad
Hi all! I'm brand new to this site and these boards, but not new to Mr. Bradbury. I love all his work, but hands down, one of my favorite books is The October Country. An INCREDIBLE collection.
21 August 2007, 11:34 PM
grasstains
Usually depends on which one I've read most recently.

THE ILLUSTRATED MAN

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

FAHRENHEIT 451

================================================

"Years from now we want to go into the pub and tell about the Terrible Conflagration up at the Place, do we not?"
21 August 2007, 11:35 PM
grasstains
Welcome aboard Brad.
21 August 2007, 11:36 PM
grasstains
... and Mr. Nightshade.
21 August 2007, 11:37 PM
grasstains
... and poettesse too.
22 August 2007, 12:13 AM
poettesse
Thank you,grasstains; it's good to be here! Wink

We come from people who brought us up to believe that life is a struggle, and if you should feel really happy, be patient: this will pass.
~~Garrison Keillor
22 August 2007, 08:14 AM
Brad
Thanks, grasstains! I look forward to sharing my Bradbury experiences with you.
04 September 2007, 06:03 AM
Deanne
I am new here too.
It is hard to pick a favorite - but my top two (as in I have re-read them more than the others) are Something Wicked This Way Comes and Dandylion Wine. BUT I have to read them at the appropriate times of yearSmiler. I just finished Dandylion Wine again, because it is a summer book. About every third October I'll read Something Wicked This Way Comes - at night with the windows open so I can hear those far away train whistles coming toward town at night.
08 September 2007, 03:10 PM
Thedogman
My favorite and probably his least mentioned in any forum is Death is a Lonely Business. I loved all of the characters and the nameless hero. I could easily see it being turned into a crime caper comedy that would have moviegoers laughing their pants off. Anyone familiar with that one?
08 September 2007, 11:11 PM
Phil Knox
Death is a Lonely Business is my least favorite of Bradbury novels. Believe it first came out in 1985. I didn't even like the cover with all those rolling eyeballs. Sorry! Don't judge a book by its cover. Maybe I kinda did on this one.